Wild Mushroom and Edible Plants Identification Course
Time & Location
About the Event
This class is perfect for the beginner, or for any experienced mushroomer who wants to brush up on their skills. Veteran mushroom hunter Mike Kempenich—owner of Gentleman Forager, Founder of Forest to Fork, and past wild mushroom identification certification instructor at both the University of Minnesota and University of Wisconsin Extensions—is your instructor. Mike has 40 years of experience in the woods. He will help you traverse the world of wild mushroom foraging and will also reveal to you his many tips to be successful
· Learn how to positively identify 4 species of wild Minnesota mushrooms, Morel, Pheasant Back, Oyster, Chicken of the Woods, presented by Gentleman Forager Mike Kempenich.
· Learn to identify 3 types of edible wild Minnesota plants, Fiddle Heads, Ramps, Watercress, and where to look for them, presented by “Chick of the Woods” Jaime Rockney.
· Enjoy a one of a kind "wild" tasting menu during the class created and prepared by award winning chef Taylor O'Brien.
I Morels Three Craft Pizza
Hand stretched salted morel crust with a morel, duxelles, compound butter sauce, brandy kissed morel mushrooms and Caramelized onions. Finished with local Stickney Hills chevre`(Cold springs, MN) and Burnet creamery mozzarella (Grantsburg, WI)
II Morchella & Red Wattle Smoked Bacon (Princeton, MN) Chowder
Loaded with a trifecta of tubers baby red, Yukon gold, russet, parsnips and touched with a pinch of crispy fried leek shoots
III Gold Chanterelle Pappardelle
Blanketed with a succotash of great northern white beans, apple poached kale and lightly charred asparagus bayonets, then smothered in a Porcini & cracked pepper cream with shaved pecorino and lightly dressed micro citrus greens
· Course includes a home copy, in electronic PDF format, to study all winter.
· Q & A from course instructor Mike Kempenich, founder of Gentleman Forager & Forest to Fork to gain valuable insights to make you a successful forager.
- General Admission$125+$3.13 Service fee$125+$3.13 Service fee0$0
- 6-Pack Discount Deal!$625+$15.63 Service fee$625+$15.63 Service fee0$0
- 4-Pack Discount Deal!$450+$11.25 Service fee$450+$11.25 Service fee0$0